The Rite of Christian Initiation of Adults (RCIA) process through St. Cecilia’s Church will commence on September 15, and then continue every Tuesday from 7:00 pm to 9:00 pm in the church. Persons who have been baptized in another Christian church and who wish to become a member of the Catholic Church are encouraged to participate in the RCIA before receiving the sacraments of Confirmation and Holy Eucharist.
THE SACRAMENT OF CONFIRMATION REGISTRATION
The Archdiocese of Toronto has lowered the grade for the students to receive the Sacrament of Confirmation. Students entering grade 7 in the fall are now able to receive the Sacrament. St. Cecilia’s Church will be offering preparation studies to Grade 7 and 8 students in October 2015 who wish to receive the Sacrament of Confirmation in the Spring of 2016.
Registration packages for the preparation of the Sacrament of Confirmation can be found at the back of the church for those who do not attend St. Cecilia’s School. Grade 7 and 8 students of St. Cecilia’s and St. Rita’s School will have registration packages mailed to their homes via the school.
Mandatory Registration Meeting (and deadline for registration): Wedenesday Oct0ber 28 2015 at 6:00 pm in the church hall.
Program begins: Wednesday November 4 2015
THE SACRAMENTS OF FIRST RECONCILIATION AND FIRST HOLY COMMUNION REGISTRATION
Registration packages for the preparation of the Sacraments can be found at the back of the church for those who dot attend St. Cecilia’s or St. Rita’s School. Grade 2 students of St. Cecilia’s and St. Rita’s Schools will have registration packages mailed to their homes via the school.
FIRST COMMUNION-REGISTRATION DEADLINE AND COMPULSORY MEETING:
Wednesday, October 21 2015 at 6:30PM in the Church Hall
Sunday October 25 2015
WORKSHOP ON THE ART OF DISCERNMENT
Given by a team of men and women religious and a married couple.
Date: Saturday October 17 2015
Time: 9:00 AM – 4:30 PMLocation: Loretto College, 70 St. Mary st., Toronto
Suggested donation: $25 (lunch included)
Contact: Sister Dorothy Schweitzer
Registration Deadline: Monday October 12 2015
PLANNING SESSION FOR ST. CECILIA’S EVENTS AND CELEBRATIONS 2015-2016
Do you enjoy attending, or volunteering at our Harvest Fair and other events? Have you ever thought of volunteering but didn’t know where to start? Would you like to get involved at “ground level” in preparing for an event? Do you have an idea for a fundraiser or parish event that you would like to bring to the table? If you answered “yes” to any of these questions, please join us at our planning session on TUESDAY, SEPTEMBER 22 2015 IN THE CHURCH HALL AT 6:30 pm!
DID YOU EVEN KNOW? THE MINISTRIES OF THE CHURCH
We are called to ministry and to be active members of our parish, not only in participating in the Sunday Mass but as active members using our talents and skills. Through our ministries, we are able to share with others in service – meeting Christ in the young, the sick, the infirm, the lonely and the rejected. Without our parish volunteers, we would not be a strong community of faith!
“Having gifts that differ according to the grace given to us, let us use them: if prophecy, in proportion to our faith; if service, in our serving; the one who teaches, in his teaching; the one who extorts, in his exhortations; the one who contributes, in generosity; the one who leads, with zeal; the one who does acts or mercy, with cheerfulness.” – Romans 12:6-8
We need you! Examples of where you might find your calling:
- Rosary Apostolate in the Schools – from October to May, praying the rosary in the local schools with the children. Screening and training are required.
- Pro-life Fund Raising Team – Christmas Cards and Cake Sales, Coins for Life, Education for Life, March for Life (Ottawa), etc.
- Minister of the Sick – visiting the sick at home and in Health Care Centers, Taking Holy Communion to patients monthly. Screening and training are required.
- First Communion Preparation Assistants – assisting with the program to prepare children for their Sacraments of Holy Communion and First Reconciliation. Screening and training are required.
- Children’s Liturgy Assistants – assisting with teaching the young the Word of God in a way that is meaningful for children. Held during Sunday 1:00 am Mass. Screening and training are required.
- Choir member – It is said that to sing a prayer is to say it twice! Consider joining the choir. Reherseals commence in late September once a week, and the choir sings during the Sunday 11:00 AM mass.
- Marian Prayer Group – The Marian Prayer group comes together every Monday evening from 6:00 PM – 7:00 PM in the church.
- Altar server – Children who have received their First Holy Communion are invited to become altar servers.
- Ushers – Our parish is always looking for new ushers to assist at weekend masses.
- Lectors – Out parish is always looking for new readers to assist at weekend masses.
Please email the office email@example.com or call 416-769-8163 to learn more about our ministries and how you might find your calling!
IT’S THAT TIME OF YEAR AGAIN!
If you are registered with our parish and will be moving away, and/or attending another parish, please let our office know. Email firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone 416-769-8163. Please include your name and current address stating that you will no longer be attending St. Cecilia’s Church. For you 2015 income tax receipts to be sent to you, please also include your new mailing address.