June is the Month of the Sacred Heart
Our Lord Jesus Christ made these twelve promises to those who honor His Sacred Heart to St. Margaret Mary Alacoque, a French nun, whom he called “the Beloved Disciple of the Sacred Heart” and the Heiress “of all treasures”, in the 1670s. They sow us how much He cherishes this devotion.
Our Lord promised the following:
- I will give them all the graced necessary for their state in life.
- I will establish peace in their families.
- I will comfort them in their trials.
- I will be their secure refuge during life, and above all, in death.
- I will shed abundant blessings on all their undertakings.
- Sinners will find in My Heart an infinite ocean of mercy.
- Lukewarm souls will become fervent.
- Fervent souls will rapidly grow in holiness and perfection.
- I will bless every place where an image of My Heart shall be exposed and honored.
- I will give to priests the gifts of touching the most hardened hearts.
- The names of those who promote this devotions will be written in My Heart, never to be blotted out.
- I promise thee, in the excessive mercy of My Heart, that My all-powerful love will grant to all those who receive Holy Communion on the First Friday of nine consecutive months, the grace of final penitence; they shall not die in My Disgrace nor without receiving their Sacraments; My Divine Heart shall be their safe refuge in this last moment.
This devotion consists in attending Holy Mass and receiving Holy Communion in reparation for those who do not receive Our Lord, who do not love Him, who do not love Him and who would Him by their sinful lives.
On the First Friday, June 5 2015, our Parish celebrates Eucharistic Adoration immediately following the 9:05 AM mass until 6:00 PM.
Working wonders for those in our community…
“I searched the internet for “help young mother pregnant Mississauga” and I found Vita Centre. I was shocked to find out that there were complete strangers willing to help and guide young mothers to success. Even the resources that I have learned about from my counselor has saved me so much time and hassle, and has given me hope that things will get better no matter how tough it may feel.” shares Alyssa, who as a young mom, is now experiencing a brighter future, thanks to ShareLife-supported Vita Centre.
Last year, over 3.600 young parents received the care, counseling and educational support they needed to care for themselves and their new families.
Thank you for your generosity. Together we can work wonders!
As of today, our parish total is $24,927.00.
Please continue to give so that we can reach our parish goal of $28,000! We are so close! You can place your ShareLife donation envelope into the offertory collection basket up to Sunday, July 26th!
Give online: http://www.sharelife.org
St. Cecilia’s Church Annual Strawberry Festival
Tentative Date: Sunday June 21 2015. 9:00 AM to 2:00 PM. Rain or Shine!
Sign-up sheets for volunteers, baked goods, etc. can be found at the back of the church! Please sign-up!
Volunteers, including students looking for community hours, are to attend the organizing meeting, which will take place in the church hall. If we do not have enough volunteers to assist, we might have to cancel this year’s event! Please consider volunteering and coming to the meeting on TUESDAY JUNE 2 2015 AT 7:00 PM. PLANNING MEETING FOR ALL VOLUNTEERS.
We need assistance with:
- picking the strawberries
- cleaning the strawberries
- selling the strawberries and other baked goods
- helping with the BBQ
- face painting
- helping with the raffle ticket sales
- general help to set-up and clean up after the event
- being where required as the event takes place
Solemnity of the Most Holy Body and Blood of Christ (Corpus Christi) Procession, June 7 2015
Our Lady of Good Counsel Catholic Church
867 College St., Toronto afternoon Mass followed by Benediction
Wear white and bring your rosary
Phone: (416) 534-1145
St. Vincent de Paul Society Garage Sale!
Saturday June 6, 2015 from 10:00 AM to 2:00 PM
St. Joan of Arc and St. Cecilia’s Conferences are hosting a Garage Sale at St. Joan of Arc from 10:00 AM to 2:00 PM on June 6 2015. We will be accepting donations of items (in good condition) for the sale the week of June 1 to 5th during office hours. (Household items, trinkets, small furniture items, used taps) Come out and check out our treasures! All money brought in from this garage sale will go to support the works of the two conferences.
Healing of Family Tree and Deliverance Retreat, June 12 2015
Divine Retreat Centre
69 William St., Toronto
Three-day Healing of Family Tree and Deliverance Retreat (Friday to Sunday) led by Fr. Joby Kachappilly VC and Divine Team Toronto. Pre-registration required.
Registration Fee: $75.00
Attendance is mandatory on all days.
Food and refreshments will be provided.
Phone: (647)949-4932; (647)660-1314
Email: drctoronto@gmail, email@example.com
Pilgrimage to Quebec Shrines, June 20 2015 12:00 PM
Join us as we celebrate 30 years of counting our blessings as we journey to Quebec on pilgrimage to St. Joseph’s Oratory, Cap-de-la-Madeleine, the Shrine of our Blessed Mother and St. Anne de Beaupre. Our chaplain is Fr. Daren Bryk, CC. Optional trip to see the beauty of the Il’e of Orleans and taste a traditional French cuisine lunch at a sugar shack with music and entertainment. Limited space. For more information, call Mary at (416) 497-7059 or visit http://www.blessedtrinity.ca . For poster with more information go to http://bit.ly/quebe-shrines .