First Friday Eucharistic Adoration
Friday, September 5, 2014
On the First Friday, our Parish celebrates Eucharistic Adoration immediately following the 9:05 a.m. Mass until 6:00 p.m.
“The worship of the Eucharist outside of the Mass is of inestimable value for the life of the church. ” -Ecclesia de Eucharistic by Pope John Paul II
Please consider taking time out this Friday, September 5th, in prayer and worship of the Eucharist. For those who would like to schedule an hour to ‘keep watch’, signup sheets for specific times slots, can be found at the back of the church.
Immaculate Conception Icon at St. Cecilia’s Church
Monday, September 15th, 2014 at 6:00 p.m.
The Knights of Columbus are hosting a Marian Prayer Session , with the Immaculate Conception Icon present. The initial Marian Prayer Group meeting and the RCIA Process will occur during The Immaculate Conception/Marian Prayer Session. Please join us for this prayerful dedication to Mother Mary. Everyone is welcome! Light refreshments will be served afterwards.
The Rite of Christian Initiation of Adults (RCIA) process through St. Cecilia’s church will commence on September 15th, with the Immaculate Conception Prayer Program, and then continue every Monday from 7 to 9 p.m. in the church. Persons who have been baptized in another Christian church and who wish to become a member of the Catholic Church are encouraged to participate in the RCIA before receiving the sacraments of Confirmation and Holy Eucharist.
If you, or someone in your family, or a friend might be interested, please take a brochure from the vestibule. Registration forms are available at the back of the church as well. For details call: (647) 391-4217 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Come and enjoy Maria’s delicious pizza!
7 September 2014 after the Sunday Masses!
50/50 Raffle Draw too!
Planning Session for St. Cecilia’s Events and Celebrations 2014-2015!
Do you enjoy attending, or volunteering at our Harvest Fair and other events? Have you ever thought of volunteering, but didn’t know where to start? Would you like to get involved at ‘ground level’ in preparing for an event? Do you have an idea for a fundraiser,or parish event that you would like to bring to the table? If you answered ‘yes‘ to any of these questions, please join us at our planning session onThursday, September 18th, 2014 in the church hall at 7:30 p.m. and consider joining our great fundraising team!
Ministries in the Church
We are all called to ministry and to be active members of our parish, not only in participating in the Sunday Mass, but as active members using our talents and skills. Through our ministries, we are able to share with others in service – meeting Christ in the young, the sick, the infirm, the lonely and the rejected.
Examples of where you might find your calling:
- Rosary Apostolate in the Schools: From October to May, praying the rosary in the local schools with the children. Screening and training are required.
- Pro-life Fund Raising Team: ex. Christmas Card and Cake Sales, Coins for Life, Education for Life, March for Life (Ottawa), etc.
- Minister of the Sick: visiting the sick at home and in Health Care Centres, (Runnymede). Taking Holy Communion to patients monthly. Screening and training are required.
- First Communion Preparation Assistants: Assisting with the program to prepare children for their Sacraments of First Holy Communion and First Reconciliation. Screening and training are required.
- Children’s Liturgy Assistants: assisting with teaching the young the Word of God in a way that is meaningful for children. Held during the Sunday 11:00 a.m. Mass. Screening and training are required.
- Choir Member: It is said that to sing a prayer is to say it twice! Consider joining the choir. Rehearsals commence in late September once a week, and the choir sings during the Sunday 11:00 a.m. Mass.
- Marian Prayer Group Participant: The Marian Prayer Group comes together every Monday evening from 6:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. in the church..
- Altar Server: Children who have received their First Holy Communion are invited to become altar servers.
- Lectors: Our parish is always looking for new readers to assist at weekend Masses.
Please feel free to email the office at email@example.com or call 416-769-8163 to learn more about our ministries and how you might find your calling!